By Maria Wyke
This ebook explores the importance of Julius Caesar to diverse sessions, societies and other people from the 50s BC via to the twenty-first century.
- This interdisciplinary quantity explores the importance of Julius Caesar to varied classes, societies and people.
- Ranges over the fields of non secular, army, and political heritage, archaeology, structure and concrete making plans, the visible arts, and literary, movie, theatre and cultural studies.
- Examines representations of Caesar in Italy, France, Germany, Britain, and the U.S. in particular.
- Objects of study variety from Caesar’s personal commentaries at the Gallic wars, via Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, and photographs of Caesar in Italian fascist pop culture, to modern cinema and present debates approximately American empire.
- Edited by means of a number one professional at the reception of historical Rome.
- Includes unique contributions by way of overseas specialists on Caesar and his reception.
Read or Download Julius Caesar in Western Culture PDF
Similar Ancient Classical books
Born within the Castilian city of Avila in 1515, Teresa entered the Carmelite convent of the Incarnation while she used to be twenty-one. laid low with sickness, doubts and self-recrimination, she steadily got here to acknowledge the ability of prayer and contemplation—her religious enlightenment was once intensified by means of many visions and mystical stories, together with the piercing of her center via a spear of divine love.
Ausonius of Bordeaux, poet, professor, and statesman, lived in the course of the Fourth Century A. D, a time of significant cultural and political swap. As an imperial courtier, he used to be heavily all for the management of the Roman Empire. A prolific and unique poet, Ausonius coated an astounding stylistic diversity in his many and sundry poems.
This research of the politics and tradition of Japan throughout the interval of the second one global struggle argues that the wartime regime, repressive because it used to be, used to be very diversified from modern totalitarian states.
This booklet collects jointly ten contributions by way of prime students within the box of Alexander experiences which symbolize the main complicated scholarship during this quarter. They span the gamut among old reconstruction and historiographical study, and, considered as a complete, symbolize a large spectrum of method.
Extra resources for Julius Caesar in Western Culture
- Download E-books Roman Honor: The Fire in the Bones PDF
- Download E-books Etudes Sur Les Hymnes Orphiques PDF